Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Little School Bus

Our first story in the Scott Foresman Reading Street series was The Little School Bus. 
 This story has great characters who all get on the bus to ride to school.
goat in a coat
pig in a wig
fox in socks
quick, quick chick
hairy bear
squirmy worm
sleepy sheep
 
 
 Each story we read also has a poem that goes with it.  We worked on "A Bus Comes Along Every Day". 
 Here is a picture of our classroom word wall.  The kids' names were added this past week along with our two new words:
am
I
 Each story includes "Amazing Words" to build oral vocabulary. 
Our amazing words were:
first
second
third
fourth
fifth
sixth
 We also got started on our Math last week so I added a couple of pictures of what that looks like.   We will be working on "sorting" for the next week or two.  We talked about sorting by color, size, and shape.



2 comments:

  1. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. bakırköy ingilizce kursu

    ReplyDelete