Saturday, August 25, 2012

Centers

Friday was the first full day for all of my students.  I started with 24 students this year and on Friday, they opened up a new classroom so I am now down to 19 students.  There was definitely a BIG difference in 19 compared to 24.  I really hated having to let go of those 5 students after spending time with them, but in the long run, it will be best for everyone. 
 
I took the plunge and started centers Friday just to see how everything went.  I am eager to get started on my small groups and to do that, I have to get them running during center time.
I got this letter sort from a friend whom I use to work with.  I placed my magnetic letters on the copier and made a copy of them.  I put the letters in a baggy and the students just sort the letters.


 computer center
 
 dry erase wring center (letters & name)
 
 
 stamp center (they loved getting to use stamps)
I only had them practice the letters that we have been working on:
Aa
Bb
Cc
Dd
Ee
 
and our two words:
am
I
 

reading library
 

 abc center
 
 
 reading library
 


 
I have to give a big THANK YOU to one of my parents for bringing in a special snack for the students (I got one too!!!!). We got Sugar Shack doughnuts and juice drinks.  (cute napkins too)  Woo hoo!  Perfect for our first full day!

No comments:

Post a Comment