Sunday, August 19, 2012

Welcome to my Class!

I have taught school for 16 years, but this is my first year in kindergarten. I have taught 2nd, 5th, and 6th, but the majority of my teaching has been in 1st grade (12yrs). I was fortunate enough to become reading recovery trained the second year I taught first grade and I continued to teach Reading Recovery until this year. Our county decided to drop it because of funding:( My teaching career has had many changes in the past couple of years and I embraced the changes this year. I was given the opportunity to teach kindergarten and I can't tell you how excited I am. I feel that my 12 yrs in 1st grade along with my Reading Recovery training will be very helpful in teaching kindergarten and plus...I JUST LOVE THE LITTLE KIDDOS!



SO....




Welcome to my blog and let the journey of teaching 5 year olds begin!

1 comment:

  1. wow, this is neat I don't know how you find time for everything. Baron is going to love your class. It is going to be another great year for him. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete